Monday, June 4, 2012

Where do I begin?


AHEARTandHOMEB
So this is my first blogever!
Hi!... If you don't know me, I am Tara.  I am the wife of Troy and the mom of Sophia (Sophie) age 8 and Carter age 3.  My husband and I just celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary on Saturday and I must say, it's been a great ride which I'm certain will have many more ups, downs, twists and turns before this ride of ours ends. 

I decided to start a blog because well...I just needed an outlet to be me.  I wanted an opportunity to share about my family and also my passions.  I love to decorate and organize and would love to share some of my ideas along the way. 
My sister recently started a blog:  http://www.blogger.com/profile/12543405278957552514 and I also started to follow iHeart Organizing:  http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/ and I found myself looking so forward to receiving the blogs each day.
One thing I noticed is that each blog was a little bit of me. My sister's blog is all about her journey to running the NYC marathon in November. Our dad has Parkinson's Disease and while searching for something we can do, she decided to run on TeamFox and raise money for the Michael J Fox foundation. There is a link above to her blog if you would like to follow along on her journey.
The other blog includes pieces of me as well. Organizing and decorating is truly a passion of mine. Even though I enjoy these things, I find myself being very overwhelmed with all that I need to get done at my house. If I let you in a little deeper (and if I'm being completely honest) I feel a lot of pressure to have my house a certain way.  It's not that it has to be perfect and clean.  It just has to be "me" and right now I finally feel like it's on it's way to being just that.  You see, I used to work at Pier 1 Imports.  I truly loved my job, but I needed to be home with my family more so when I had our second child, I decided to be a stay-at-home mom.  While, I love that I made this decision, I also feel a lot of pressure to show people who think that I do nothing with my day that I do stay busy.  (As though chasing my 3 year old isn't enough work LOL). 
I am hoping that by documenting my progress, it will keep me focused on my goals and feeling less overwhelmed.
With my blog, I will be sharing pieces of my heart and my home. It is my hope to help inspire a few of you to tackle some projects at your house while also facing some truths. 
Thanks for reading!
Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment